We are open and continuing to offer services during the pandemic. During this time, and as always, our staff and sitters wash hands at the beginning of every visit and at the end, while sanitizing as often as possible. We wipe down all surfaces we touch as we leave.
During this time we are offering adjustments to our regular visits to provide no-contact visits upon request. We use our own leashes for these visits and will pick up your pup from a fenced yard or garage.
Our staff and sitters continue to follow all social distancing guidelines and wear face coverings when social distancing is not possible.
During this time we are also offering visits at specific times for anyone who is working from home and may need some quiet for a meeting or conference call.
“We give your pets the pampered care they deserve!”
Schedule a FREE meet and greet now!
Policies & Procedures
The Pet Lady, Ltd. along with its contractors and employees strive to provide care a step above for our clients.
- The Pet Lady, Ltd. follow service details and agreements made at the initial meet and greet regarding duration of care along with details of care. We also follow any subsequent service requests and written care notes. All care instructions are in your personal pet portal and can be updated at any time.
- We require two forms of access, either 2 keys or a key and a garage/front door code. If there is ever an emergency or one entry option fails, we have a back up.
- Service time blocks are: Wake Up (7am-9am), Morning (9am-11am), Mid-Day (11am-230pm), Afternoon (230pm-4pm), Dinner (4pm-6pm), Evening (6pm-830pm), Bedtime (830pm-1030pm)
- Services offered for Dogs: Daily Mid-Day visits, Monday-Friday (Mid-Day time block), Vacation Dog Care, Sunday-Saturday (3 visits/day Wake Up, Afternoon, Bedtime; 4 visits/day Wake Up, Mid-Day, Dinner, Bedtime)
- Services offered for Cats: Vacation Cat Care, Sunday-Saturday (1 visit/day, either Morning or Afternoon; 2 visits/day Morning and Afternoon)
- Services for other pets: Small Caged Animals Sunday-Saturday
- All pet care services are provided in 30 minute, 45 minute or 60 minute visits. During that time all service details will be completed and an update will be sent to you by your sitter either by email or text, your preference. Photos of your pet will be provided upon your request.
- Pet Taxi services to and from daycare, vet, groomer. Payment for services at daycare, vet or groomer must be arranged prior to taxi services.
- Pet owners will ensure that all contact information, including emergency contact, in their portal are updated prior to service.
- Pet owners will ensure all details regarding care for their pet are updated prior to services, this includes feeding instructions, veterinary information, and any medication instructions.
- The Pet Lady, Ltd. ensures all clients privacy regarding their personal information. Sitters only have details/information regarding the specific service they are providing, all other personal information is only visible to managers.
- Service requests can be done through your pet portal or you may call or email The Pet Lady, Ltd.
- When requesting services, this is done in time blocks. All services will be completed within the time block. If an exact time is requested we will do our best to accommodate the request but reserve the right to arrive within 1 hour, either 30 minutes prior or 30 minutes after requested time. If an exact time is requested for medical reasons the service will be accommodated at the requested time.
- All requests for a daily, mid-day walk, must be made minimum 24 hours in advance. If a request is made within the 24 hour period leading up to service a $5 fee may apply. Any requests for a daily, Mid-day, drop in visit made on the same day as the service may incur a $10 fee.
- All requests for vacation care, multiple visits over an extended period of time, must be made minimum 5 days in advance. Any requests made within the 5 day period may have a $5/visit fee added.
- All cancellations for daily, mid-day, drop in visits can be made up until 9 am on the day of service for no charge/refund. Any cancellations made after 9 am may receive a cancellation fee of the service visit amount.
- All cancellations/changes for vacation care, multiple visits over an extended period of time, can be made up until 48 hours prior to service beginning for no charge/refund. Any changes or cancellations made within 48 hours may result in 50% of the service fee.
- The Pet Lady, Ltd. invoices bi-weekly, monthly, and per assignment depending on the service you have requested. All invoices are emailed but can also be accessed in your portal. The due date on the invoice coincides with the last date of service on the invoice. Payment is expected to be remitted within 7 days. Late fees of 10% of invoice total will be applied to any invoice more than 30 days past. Every 30 days thereafter 10% of the total invoice amount will be added in late fees.
- The Pet Lady, Ltd. accepts checks or cash, credit card, ACH payments and PayPal payments and may be made through the secure system in the portal.
- If there is a medical emergency while your pet is in our care, your pet will be brought to the vet you have listed in your portal. If the primary vet is not open when the emergency occurs/is recognized your pet will be taken to the nearest emergency vet unless you have requested a specific after hours vet. You will be notified by phone in the event of an emergency. We will follow your directions for care in an emergency situation. The pet owner will be responsible for any and all costs associated with care for their pets.
- If there is a natural disaster and we have notification a plan will be decided by The Pet Lady, Ltd to ensure the safety of your pet, all details will be relayed to the pet owner via email or phone. If there are specific instructions you would like us to follow we will do our best to accommodate those requests. If there is a disaster with no notice, your sitter, the owner, or a manager will make rounds as soon as conditions are safe to do so. If unsafe conditions continue for more than 12 hours, local authorities will be notified to ensure the safety of your pet.
- If your sitter has an emergency and will not be able to make his/her rounds, you will be notified via email of any sitter changes. In most emergency situations, either the owner or a manager within The Pet Lady, Ltd. will provide services.